Saturday 3 April 2010

The magic world of Theatre.


I think that I have mentioned it before but I will say it again....I LOVE THEATRE!!
I love looking at the tickets before I enter the building....smelling them...... so many people around me...they are filled with excitement as I am..... I am stepping into the great "chamber".... so old and marked with so many performances.... I am shivering with excitement and wish for the lights to go off so the show can begin... everyone is quiet in a seconds and I wait for the music..... MUSIC ....my only drug....but very addictive one...I do not think that I will ever be able to get sober from..... and I do not want to.... that is the magic of it.....

The ENRON (The inside story of one of history's greatest business scandals, in which top executives of America's seventh largest company walked away with over one billion dollars, while investors and employees lost everything) begins and i sink deeper into my chair and absorb the story happening in front of me.... My eyes are fixed on my friend Tom Godwin who is one of the traders but throughout the show I could see him acting as a lot of other persons. He was totally great and funny !!

I was quite wondering how the story that is all about money and business will be presented. I have seen the movie before and already new what will happen but I really wanted to see it in a theatre. It is just unbelievable how smart some people are and what they can achieve... it is also frightening to see how far they are willing to go and the disastrous ending just left me to realise how little I know about this world and how much I have to learn. Somethimes when I hear or see stories like Enron It makes me feel so small...

After the show my friend Tom took us backstage and showed us how things work, who operates what and we have discovered that tiny little space were so many people have to move so fast and without any noise.... It was quite shocking!
I just could not resist to try that big mouse head on and let me tell you...it is soo heavy!!!! being an actor is not only mentally hard but also physically.... would you think that all the actors have to be fit??? Quite frankly, I did not.... but again there are so many things that I do not know about.... ;))))

Me and my friends really enjoyed the show and had a long talk about it.... we tried to find the answer if any PR working for ENRON new about what was happening inside the company and discussed it in a lovely restaurant after the show.

There is something about Theatre.... it is all so magical for me... I can see why people want to become actors and sacrifice everything to their passion...
If I could choose I would definitely prefer MUSICALS.... I used to sing when I was little and my friends still tell me that I have a good voice.... I also used to dance and my last experience was at the Greenwich dance academy where I took street dance lessons.... well I have to admit that I am not as good in dance as I would like to be.... still have latino dance on my list.... hopefully will try it one day... and pole dancing....I wanted to try it for years and that I DEFINITELY will ...... one day..... ;))

The Fantom of the Opera was also on my list for a very long time and finally I can tick that one off.... It will be mine birthday present.... It couldn't be easier for my friends to know what I like...... I am already dreaming about the ticket in my hand...the beautiful hall and so many people....and the MUSIC.......

Hana xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment